Sunday, February 1, 2009

#22. Women Need Love

I love the month of February. I love Holidays! I simply love LOVE!

I cry when watching love stories and while listening to love songs. I am a hope(ful) romantic. Especially for a girl who cannot recall one romantic experience in her life (I’m sure there has to be at least one). Even worse, I cannot say I have ever really been “in love”. I am hoping that will change soon. In the past, I sold out to status and companionship. My mistake. What I have come to realize is that living without TRUE love is living a lie.

So today I am in love with love.

My dream is to one day be that girl in the movie that gets her prince in the end and lives happily ever after. Yes, I said it, and I believe it will come true; God willing. I want that loving feeling –not just lust. Until then, I will live vicariously through my 28 most favorite love songs/ poems/cinematic moments and I am sharing them with you each day of the month of February. Hope you love it…

#1. EVERGREEN by Barbara Streisand.

Lyrics
Love, soft as an easy chair
Love, fresh as the morning air
One love that is shared by two
I have found with you
Like a rose under the April snow
I was always certain love would grow
Love, ageless and evergreen
Seldom seen by two
You and I will make each night the first
Everyday a beginning

Spirits rise and their dance is unrehearsed
They warm and excite us
'Cause we have the brightest love
Two lights that shine as one
Morning glory and
The midnight sun

Time, we've learned to sail above
Time, won't change the meaning of one love

Ageless and ever evergreen


Link to Video:
Barbara Streisand - Evergreen - Love Theme From "A Star is Born"

No comments: