Sunday, December 28, 2008

#12. Women Bloggers want your Feedback

When I started this blog, I just knew that I would get a lot of feedback from women challenging me on my generalizations about the hardest working species on earth - in fact I reveled in that knowledge. However, I was wrong. Perhaps my content is too ordinary or the blog is too new. Whatever the reason, 2009 will have a fresh approach to the wants and needs of women; provoking men and women to respond - intentionally. So in preparation for your onslaught of written comments and opinions (optimistically speaking); I am posting some Blogging Etiquette for Blog Readers, borrowed respectfully from "The Story Siren", please read and take note - literally:

  • Try to post a comment that is relative to the blog post. If it doesn’t pertain to the post, maybe it would be better to email the blog owner (unless of course you can’t find an email address) or leave a comment in a c-box, if there is one. (I use to have a c-box, but deleted it after a slew of spam).
  • If you have your own blog don’t blatantly promote yourself on someone else’s. I haven’t had that happen to me yet, but I’ve seen it on other blogs. You’re only shedding a negative light on yourself. Don’t get me wrong, I love to support other book blogs and other bookish people just remember to be courteous and mindful to others.
  • If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. If you don’t like it then move on. And be careful what you say, you can’t convey tone when you are leaving a comment, something that you meant in a joking nature may not be taken that way. Don’t be rude and childish either. I’ve had my share of rude anonymous comments. Take my advice and just delete them, they aren’t worth your time and effort to convey a response. http://www.thestorysiren.com/2008/12/book-blog-etiquette.html

Some blogging etiquette insists that you should not respond as an "Anonymous" source, but I view this differently. My belief is that you may have a comment which is very pertinent to a topic AND you need to remain anonymous. While it is ideal to know who is reading this blog, it is more important to me that your opinions are noted. So Anonymous, if you have to hide your identity occasionally, you are still welcome to blog here, because it is the thought that counts.

Sincerely,

No comments: